«Rektorat»: Our House Font

25.1. – 14.4.2019
Free admission

In 1933, the Museum für Gestaltung Zürich opened its main building at Ausstellungsstrasse 60. In the spirit of Neues Bauen, the architects dispensed with any ornamentation, but envisaged striking exterior lettering for the building. At the time, Ernst Keller only drew the required signs. Rudolf Barmettler, together with Nouvelle Noire, has now reconstructed the missing letters based on the recently discovered historical interior lettering. The exhibition presents the «Rektorat» typeface family together with original fragments.

What’s on